|Module title||Intercultural Dialogue (winter semester)|
|Module lecturer||dr Borys Szumański|
|Faculty||Faculty of Polish and Classical Philology|
Module aim (aims)
a. basic issues and vocabulary related to the theory of culture and intercultural communication
b. analysis of cultural texts and situations in which intercultural content appears
Pre-requisites in terms of knowledge, skills and social competences (where relevant)
a. competence in the field of the student’s native culture
b. ability to establish and maintain contact with representatives of other cultures
Course learning content:
|Culture and acculturation
|Core assumptions of intercultural communication
|Auto- and heterostereotypes
|The concept of multiculturalism|
|Intercultural differences in the language and texts of culture|
|Analysis and interpretation of texts
- T. Hall, The Hidden Dimension, 1990.
- The Cambridge Handbook of Intercultural Communication, ed. by G. Rings, S. Rasinger, Cambridge
- Stier, Intercultural communication and intercultural competence, January 2009, „Journal of Intercultural Communication” 11.
- Cultures of Economy in South-Eastern Europe. Spotlights and Perspectives, ed. by Murašov, D. Beganovic, A. Lešic, Bielefeld 2019.
- Wierzbicka, Understanding Cultures Through Their Key Words: English, Russian, Polish, German, Japanese, 1997.
- Wierzbicka Cliff Goddard, Words and Meanings: Lexical Semantics Across Domains, Languages, and Cultures, Oxford 2014.