|Module title||Fundamentals Of Control Engineering|
|Module lecturer||prof. UAM dr hab. Jarosław W. Kłos|
|Faculty||Faculty of Physics|
Module aim (aims)
The course presents the basics of control engineering. The students will master the fundamental knowledge about the formal description of linear dynamical systems (state-space and transfer function representations) and their main characteristics in the time or frequency domain (impulse/step response and Bode characteristics).
The students will work on the selected projects focused on the simulation of the dynamics of physical systems done with the aid of the Matlab-Simulink package and the Matlab ControlSystem Tool Box.
Pre-requisites in terms of knowledge, skills and social competences (where relevant)
It is strongly recommended for students to master the following topics from mathematical analysis and theory of electric circuits:
· Boolean logic,
· fundamentals of calculus (derivatives, definite and indefinite integrals ),
· basics of mechanics for translational and rotary motion,
· theory of electric DC and AC circuits.
The course a form of laboratories which will start in April – three meeting 5h each.
Week 1: Dynamical systems
Week 2: State-space representation and transfer function for linear dynamical systems
Week 3: Time and frequency characteristics of linear systems
· Control System Engineering, N.S. Nise , Willey&Sons, Inc. (2011)
· Linear Control System Analysis and Design with MATLAB, C.H. Houpis and S.N. Sheldon, CRS Press (2014)