|Module title||Soft Skills Workshop|
|Module lecturer||dr Izabela Cytlak (coordinator), dr Joanna Jarmuzek (lecturer)|
|Lecturer position||senior lecturer|
|Faculty||Faculty of Educational Studies|
Classes start 7 October 2022
Wydział Studiów Edukacyjnych (Faculty of Educational Studies) building D, room 010.
Adress: Szamarzewskiego 89, Poznań
Module aim (aims)
- This course is a broad introduction to the field of developing and enhancing soft skills
- Students explore the main issues of interpersonal communication.
- Students explore the research methods used by psychologist across these areas.
- Students have the opportunity to discuss, experience and think critically about a variety of psychological issues.
- Students will take part in workshops in order to experience some of the abilities and processes discussed during the lectures.
Pre-requisites in terms of knowledge, skills and social competences (where relevant)
Pre-requisites in terms of knowledge, skills and social competences (where relevant) not needed.
Week 1: Introduction to soft skills.
Week 2: Stereotypes and schemes in our everyday life. Discussion and workshop (social communication – tasks, boundaries, factors, social support).
Week 3: Verbal and nonverbal communication workshop. Styles of communication.
Week 4: The role of creativity in everyday life.
Week 5: Team building.
Week 6: Negotiation and mediation.
Week 7: Leadership
Week 8: Group conflict
Week 9: Summary of lectures and workshops (students projects)
Week 10: Summary of lectures and workshops (students projects)
Teacher resources – articles, questionnaires, workshop materials