|Module title||Waste Management - Selected Issues|
|Module lecturer||prof. UAM dr hab. Anna Kozak|
|Lecturer position||prof. UAM|
|Faculty||Faculty of Biology|
Lectures, seminars and field excercises on the following subjects:
Waste management ; characteristics of wastes
Methods of waste disposal
waste landfilling, Landfill gas (LFG), leachate
composting of biodegradable waste
Waste incineration plant
Zero waste lifestyle
Summary – evaluation of the skills.
Module aim (aims)
Acquaintance with the classification of waste and methods of its disposal (waste landfilling, composting of biodegradable waste, waste incineration, waste recycling).
Transfer of knowledge about waste management.
Visualizing the need to recycle waste.
Getting to know the pros and cons of individual waste disposal methods
Developing skills in using literature and electronic sources and based on them, preparing and presenting presentations on a given topic in the field of waste management.
Developing of the skills of communication and cooperation.
Pre-requisites in terms of knowledge, skills and social competences (where relevant)
After the course the student should be able to know principles of waste management, waste strategies and hierarchy of waste management options; being aware of waste composition, classifications and characteristics; having a knowledge about waste treatment technologies; knows the types of hazardous waste, notices their impact on health and the environment and knows how to dispose of it; understands the need to recycle waste and knows the important aspects of zero-waste practices.
- Lehmann., S Crocker R : Designing for Zero Waste Consumption, Technologies and the Built Environment _ , Taylor & Francis Group , London, NY, 2012
- Zaman A., Ahsan T.,: Zero-Waste Reconsidering Waste Management for the Future, Taylor & Francis Group , Oxon, NY, 2020.
- Ekström KM.,: Waste management and sustainable consumption. Reflections on consumer waste, Taylor & Francis Group , London, NY, 2015.
- Evans G., : Biowaste and Biological Waste Treatment , Taylor & Francis Group, NY, 2001.
- Cyranka M., Jurczyk M., Pająk T., (2016.): Municipal Waste-to-Energy plants in Poland; current projects. , E3S Web of Conferences 10, , e3sconf/20161000070 SEED 00070
- Gawor Ł, Saarela J., (2016. ): Waste Management Policies In Finland And Poland; Towards A Recycling Society , SYSTEMY WSPOMAGANIA w INŻYNIERII PRODUKCJI Geochemia i Geologia Środowiska Terenów Uprzemysłowionych , 5(17); 229-236.
- Pyssa J. (2017. ): Environmental, technical and technological aspects of hazardous waste management in Poland. , E3S Web of Conferences , 19, 02021, DOI: 10.1051/e3sconf/20171902021