|Module title||Environmental Analytical Chemistry|
|Module lecturer||Prof. UAM dr hab. Anetta Zioła-Frankowska/Prof. UAM dr hab. Iwona Kurzyca/Prof. UAM dr hab. Marcin Frankowski|
|Faculty||Faculty of Chemistry|
Module aim (aims)
The aim of this course is to provide students with the knowledge of laboratory practice in the environmental analysis. Field analysis, sampling and sample preparation, as well as, advanced analytical techniques (nowadays commonly used in labs) will be applied in real sample analysis.
At the end of the course, the student:
- knows the sampling procedures,
- is able to select an appropriate procedure for the isolation of an analyte from a real sample,
- is able to choose the appropriate procedure for the analysis of specific analytes,
- performs qualitative and quantitative analyzes with the use of selected chromatographic, and spectrometric methods,
- understands the interpretation of research results in accordance to the legal regulations,
- acquires the skills of writing reports and using literature sources.
- acquires the ability, how to cope with a research task in the environmental research (plan, performance, results interpretation).
Pre-requisites in terms of knowledge, skills and social competences (where relevant)
Basic knowledge in the field of analytical chemistry.
The course is addressed especially to students who want to gain or expand their laboratory practice skills. The lectures will be an introduction to the appropriate experiments. Topics: how to cope with a research task in the environmental research (plan, performance, results interpretation),
environmental sample types, field experiments, sampling procedures, sample preparation, analytical methods (quick screening tests; chromatography: normal and reverse phase; spectrometric methods: AAS, ICP; TOC/TN analysis), legal regulations, reports preparation.
1. Fundamentals of Analytical Chemistry- 9E- Douglas A. Skoog; Donald M. West; F.James Holler; Stanley R. Crouch; ISBN978-0-495-55828-6; 0-495-55828-1
2. Analytical Chemistry of Foods
ISBN: 978-0-7514-0196-7; 978-1-4613-5905-0; 978-1-4615-2165-5; 978-1-77407-819-8
Sujata Nagnath Mustapure
3. Analysis and Risk of Nanomaterials in Environmental and Food Samples: Comprehensive Analytical Chemistry (Wilson & Wilson's Comprehensive Analytical Chemistry)
ISBN: 978-0-444-56328-6; 978-0-444-56329-3; 978-1-283-58743-3
Damia Barcelo; Marinella Farre
4.TOF-MS Within Food and Environmental Analysis (Wilson & Wilson's Comprehensive Analytical Chemistry)
ISBN: 978-0-444-53810-9; 978-0-444-53811-6; 978-1-282-23402-4
Technology -- Home economics -- Nutrition. Foods and food supply
Amadeo Rodriguez Fernandez-Alba
5. Principles of Analytical Chemistry
ISBN: 978-3-540-64007-3; 978-3-642-62959-4; 978-3-642-57157-2