|Module title||Cosmetics Product Analysis|
|Module lecturer||Prof. dr hab. Izabela Nowak (lectures 15h); prof. UAM dr hab. Agnieszka Feliczak-Guzik (labs 30h); dr Agata Wawrzyńczak (labs 30h)|
|Lecturer position||professor (lectures); prof. UAM and dr (labs)|
|Faculty||Faculty of Chemistry|
Timetable - tba
2 groups will be available
Module aim (aims)
- Transfer of knowledge in the field of analytical methods used in the analysis of cosmetic products, quality control of the main ingredients of cosmetics (tanning, bleaching and colouring agents, preservatives, fragrances, surfactants, biologically and chemically active components).
- Developing the ability to choose and use of a variety instrumental techniques for qualitative and quantitative analysis of cosmetic components.
- Preparation for the correct interpretation of research results.
- The acquisition of report writing skills and use of literature sources.
- Development of communication skills and teamwork.
Pre-requisites in terms of knowledge, skills and social competences (where relevant)
Basic knowledge in the field of analytical chemistry
Titles of classes – cannot be applied to the educational system used in this course (the course is performed in the block system: 5 weeks lectures (3h per week) and 6 weeks laboratory project (once a week).
1) A. Salvador, A. Chisvert, "Analysis of Cosmetic Products", Elsevier, 2007, 2018
2) Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 30 November 2009 on cosmetic products
3) "The rules governing cosmetic products in the European Union", Volume 2 „Cosmetics legislation Cosmetic products. Methods of analysis", EUROPEAN COMMISSION Enterprise Directorate-General Pharmaceuticals and cosmetics, 2000; „The SCCS Notes of guidance for the testing of cosmetic ingredients and their safety evaluation", 2017.
4) EEMCO The European Group on Efficacy Measurement and Evaluation of Cosmetics and other Products https://www.eemco.net/