|Module title||French for Beginners I|
|Module lecturer||dr Hanna Wiczyńska|
|Faculty||Foreign Languages Teaching Centre|
Module aim (aims)
- developing the four basic language skills - speaking, reading, writing and listening,
- mastering a range of vocabulary, phrases and structures of French at beginner level,
- acquiring the ability to understand simple written and listened texts on general topics,
- acquiring the intercultural knowledge necessary to establish and maintain communication with users of the target language, appropriate to their level of proficiency,
- familiarisation with the fundamental values of the culture of French-speaking countries,
- developing an awareness of continuous improvement of language skills,
- acquiring the ability to use teaching aids and information technology proficiently to develop language skills
Pre-requisites in terms of knowledge, skills and social competences (where relevant)
The course is for students who have no prior knowledge of French (true beginners) and who are interested in discovering French language and culture.
Week 1: How to introduce yourself
Week 2: Objects/products: colours, shapes.
Week 3: Bodyparts
Week 4: Appearence and charakter
Week 5: Family
Week 6: Well-being, complaints
Week 7: Time. Occupations.
Week 8: Free time and hobbies.
Week 9: Sights of Paris
Week 10: Holidays
Week 11: Weather and climate
Week 12: Christmas and other festivities
Week 13: Making friends.
Week 14: Revision.
Week 15: Evaluation Test.
Dubois A., Lerolle M., Scénario 1, A1/ A2, Méthode de français, Hachette, 2008
Grégoire M.,Thiévenaz O., Grammaire progresive du français, niveau débutant, CLE, 2013
Menand R., Nouveau Taxi 1, Hachette, 2010
Miquel C.,Vocabulaire progressif du français, niveau débutant, Clé International, 1999