|Module title||French for Beginners II|
|Module lecturer||dr Hanna Wiczyńska|
|Faculty||Foreign Languages Teaching Centre|
|USOS code||31-FRENCH-BEG-PIE II|
Module aim (aims)
- developing the four basic language skills - speaking, reading, writing and listening,
- mastering a range of vocabulary, phrases and structures of French at beginner level,
- acquiring the ability to understand simple written and listened texts on general topics,
- acquiring the intercultural knowledge necessary to establish and maintain communication with users of the target language, appropriate to their level of proficiency,
- familiarisation with the fundamental values of the culture of French-speaking countries,
- developing an awareness of continuous improvement of language skills,
- acquiring the ability to use teaching aids and information technology proficiently to develop language skills
Pre-requisites in terms of knowledge, skills and social competences (where relevant)
The course is for students who have no prior knowledge of French (true beginners) and who are interested in discovering French language and culture.
Week 1: Animals and nature
Week 2: Flat
Week 3: Phone call
Week 4: My day
Week 5: Work
Week 6: Shopping
Week 7: Travelling
Week 8: Food and drinks
Week 9: Clothes
Week 10: Meeting people.
Week 11: Easter and other festivities
Week 12: In the restaurant
Week 13: Describing interests
Week 14: Revision.
Week 15: Evaluation Test.
Dubois A., Lerolle M., Scénario 1, A1/ A2, Méthode de français, Hachette, 2008
Grégoire M.,Thiévenaz O., Grammaire progresive du français, niveau débutant, CLE, 2013
Menand R., Nouveau Taxi 1, Hachette, 2010
Miquel C.,Vocabulaire progressif du français, niveau débutant, Clé International, 1999