|Module title||Digital Humanities: Workshop|
|Module lecturer||Prof. UAM dr hab. Konrad Dominas|
|Lecturer position||profesor uczelni|
|Faculty||Faculty of Polish and Classical Philology|
Module aim (aims)
Course aim (aims):
- learning about the main assumptions of Digital Humanities along with examples of projects carried out at AMU (E-Theseus Map project within the DARIAH consortium) and beyond;
- preparing students for scientific work in the digital environment thanks to: the use of databases (BazHum, JSTOR and others), the use of appropriate software (primarily in the form of Open Source), designing scientific research using MindMapping programs and assumptions, digitizing and sharing research works on the Internet;
- designing and preparing a research project using the most important assumptions of digital humanities.
Pre-requisites in terms of knowledge, skills and social competences (where relevant)
Course learning content:
|The most important assumptions of digital humanities: methodologies and tools.|
|Examples of projects in the field of digital humanities carried out at AMU and in the largest academic centres.|
|Support for scientific databases available at AMU|
|Review of the programming environment with examples that fit into the projects of digital humanities.|
|Digitizing and providing audio-visual material in the Internet environment.|
|Mind Mapping - workshop in the field of methodology and the use of tools based on thought design.|
|E-Theseus Map - case study.|
|Information design and management in the context of digital humanities - workshop.|
- Gardiner, R.G. Musto, The Digital Humanities: A Primer for Students and Scholars, Cambridge University Press 2015.
- Drucker, The Digital Humanities Coursebook. An Introduction to Digital Methods for Research and Scholarship, Routledge 2021.
- E. Dobson, Critical Digital Humanities: The Search for a Methodology (Topics in the Digital Humanities), University of Illinois Press 2019.
- Rosenfeld, P. Morville, J. Arango, Information Architecture: For the Web and Beyond, O'Reilly Media 2015.
- Duarte, slide:ology: The Art and Science of Creating Great Presentations, O'Reilly Media 2008.
- Buzan, Mind Map Mastery: The Complete Guide to Learning and Using the Most Powerful Thinking Tool in the Universe, Watkins Publishing 2018.