|Module title||Intercultural Dialogue (winter semester)|
|Module lecturer||dr Borys Szumański|
|Faculty||Faculty of Polish and Classical Philology|
Module aim (aims)
- basic issues and vocabulary related to the theory of culture and intercultural communication
- analysis of cultural texts and situations in which intercultural content appears
Pre-requisites in terms of knowledge, skills and social competences (where relevant)
- competence in the field of the student’s native culture
- ability to establish and maintain contact with representatives of other cultures
Course learning content:
|Culture and acculturation|
|Core assumptions of intercultural communication|
|Auto- and heterostereotypes|
|The concept of multiculturalism|
|Intercultural differences in the language and texts of culture|
|Analysis and interpretation of texts|
- T. Hall, The Hidden Dimension, 1990.
- The Cambridge Handbook of Intercultural Communication, ed. by G. Rings, S. Rasinger, Cambridge
- Stier, Intercultural communication and intercultural competence, January 2009, „Journal of Intercultural Communication” 11.
- Cultures of Economy in South-Eastern Europe. Spotlights and Perspectives, ed. by Murašov, D. Beganovic, A. Lešic, Bielefeld 2019.
- Wierzbicka, Understanding Cultures Through Their Key Words: English, Russian, Polish, German, Japanese, 1997.
- Wierzbicka Cliff Goddard, Words and Meanings: Lexical Semantics Across Domains, Languages, and Cultures, Oxford 2014.