|Module title||Introduction To Psychology|
|Module lecturer||dr Joanna Jarmużek|
|Lecturer position||starszy wykładowca/ senior lecturer|
|Faculty||Faculty of Educational Studies|
In case of full capacity of the group, please contact the lecturer - email@example.com
Classes start 6 October 2023
Wydział Studiów Edukacyjnych (Faculty of Educational Studies) building D, room 020.
Adress: Szamarzewskiego 89, Poznań
Module aim (aims)
- Module aim (aims)
- This course is a broad introduction to the field of psychology.
- Students explore the main issues of developmental psychology, social psychology, clinical, cognitive and behavioural psychology. The course is an overview of the mail psychology issues.
- Students explore the research methods used by psychologist across these areas.
- Students explore the key figures, main theoretical perspectives, the important, crucial and controversial psychology experiments.
- Students have the opportunity to discuss and think critically about a variety of psychological issues.
- Students will take part in workshops in order to experience some of the abilities and processes discussed during the lectures.
Pre-requisites in terms of knowledge, skills and social competences (where relevant)
discussion, group works, final practical presentation and attendance.
Students who miss more than three meetings will not be graded.
Last class - test of knowledge
Week 1: Introduction to psychology, a historical view.
Week 2: Lifespan development. Life tasks, developmental crisis of a child and adolescent.
Week 3: Lifespan development of an adult.
Week 4: Cognitive psychology – perception, attention, memory, language. Influence of emotions and motivation.
Week 5: Psychology of health – introduction.
Week 6: Psychological health challenges: burnout, PTSD and others.
Week 7: Summary of lecture, test of konwledge.
Aronson, Timothy D. Wilson, Robin M. Ackert, Samuel R. Sommers, Social Psychology, 2016
Denise Boyd, Helen Bee, Lifespan Development, 2017
James W. Kalat, Introduction to Psychology, 2013
Teacher resources – articles, questionnaires, workshop materials